Are you an owner of a brand new Cricut Maker machine and still unaware of its processes to begin with your cutting jobs for the upcoming craft projects? Don’t panic! This user guide module will help you get through the minute to major techniques to start using your Cricut Maker efficiently.
Check out the next further topics below to expand your understanding of how to use your Cricut Maker machine.
Cricut Maker Setup
Similar to any other device or a printer, you need to ensure setting up your Cricut Maker machine to make it functional. To start the Cricut Maker setup, you will need a computer or a smartphone equipped with a speedy internet connection. However, using a PC or a laptop would be the best option for setting up your Cricut Maker machine. Setting up Cricut Maker is an easy process and needs you to go through a few easy steps.
To begin with the setup, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, plug your machine’s power cord into the power outlet and turn it on.
- Next, pair your Cricut Maker machine with your computer, laptop, or smartphone via Bluetooth or a USB cable.
- Now, you need to download a Design Space app on your device. To do this, go to Cricut’s official website and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the Cricut Maker setup.
Steps to Install Design Space
The most essential part of using Cricut Maker is the installation of Design Space software that lets you select designs and adjust the settings as per the material used. Design Space is free to download software that can be downloaded on your desktop as well as your iOS and Android devices.
Wondering how to go about the installation of Design Space? Check out the steps for downloading and installation of the app, mentioned below:
- On your device, open your preferred web browser and open the official Cricut website.
- Click on the Design Space app option available at the bottom of the webpage.
- Now, click to agree to the terms and conditions and click on the Download button, to begin with the downloading of the software on your device.
- Install the software by following the instruction on the screen.
- Next, sign in to the Design Space app using the Cricut login credentials. If you don’t have a Cricut account, create one.
- Now, you will be asked to select your device. Click to select Cricut Maker Family.
- Ensure your machine is powered on. If not, plug it into the wall socket and turn it on.
- You are provided with a USB cable to connect the machine with the computer. You can also pair the devices via Bluetooth.
- Now, you will be asked to wait until the Design Space updates your Cricut Maker machine.
- The Design Space will now ask you to register your machine.
Using Design Space for the First Time
On the way to using the Cricut Maker, you will need to first, open the Design Space app where you can create designs or modify them as per your requirement, then send the command to the machine to cut the material. To begin using the app for the first time, you can consider the following steps:
- When you are using the app, you have four types of screens- Home, Canvas, Prepare, and Make.
- You will find the ready-to-make projects, including the saved projects and YouTube tutorials videos on the Home screen.
- You get to create and design your own projects on the Canvas screen. It will also let you upload your images and add texts, patterns and shapes of your choice.
- The next screen that appears after clicking on “Make it” is the Prepare screen. On this screen, you can see your Cricut Maker’s mat layout. Here you can arrange the items and even copy your project.
- The most important screen is the Make screen, where you adjust your material settings and the tools and pens inserted in the tool holder of your Cricut Maker.
Cutting Material on Cricut Maker Machine
The beginners should choose the Paper as the material for their first Cricut Maker project. You can cut the paper using the steps given below:
- First, take a paper you want to cut and place it on the light grip cutting mat.
- Use the Design Space app to create a design you want to cut, and insert the mat into the machine.
- Adjust the material settings for paper and insert the superior quality sharp blade into the machine.
- Now, press Go to begin with the cutting of paper loaded in the machine.
- Once completed, take out the mat and remove the cutouts carefully.
You can also apply the same steps to cut other materials. However, the delicate material needs a more careful approach in cutting the appropriate shapes and designs.